Thomas Kim, M.A., is an Advanced Doctoral Extern and fourth-year Doctoral Candidate at the University of Pennsylvania’s Ph.D. program in Clinical Psychology. Tom has spent the past year at UPenn’s Cognitive Therapy Clinic, where he provided extensive Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) for Major Depressive Disorder (MDD). Tom has experience working with patients with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), anxiety, panic, body dysmorphia, and OC spectrum disorders. Prior to his time at the Cognitive Therapy Clinic, Tom trained at UPenn’s Assessment Clinic, where he conducted neuropsychological and diagnostic assessments.
Tom is passionate about using evidence-based treatments to help individuals better manage their anxiety, OCD, and depression. In his free time, he enjoys playing and watching sports, reading, and spending time with friends and family.
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, University of Pennsylvania (expected graduation 2023)
- M.A. in Psychology, University of Pennsylvania
- B.A. in Psychology & Economics, Swarthmore College
- Externship: CBT Center for Anxiety & OCD
- Externship: University of Pennsylvania Cognitive Therapy Clinic, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: University of Pennsylvania Assessment Clinic, Philadelphia, PA
- Factors Predicting Premature Psychotherapy Dropout in Postpartum Women