Stephanie Munio, M.A., is an Advanced Doctoral Extern and fourth-year Doctoral Candidate at La Salle University’s Psy.D. Program in Clinical Psychology where she has focused coursework in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). Stephanie has received extensive training in CBT with children, adolescents and adults. She has worked with individuals with anxiety, depression, trauma, perfectionism, identity development concerns, and body image issues. She has specific experience treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder, social anxiety, selective mutism, and Body Dysmorphic Disorder. Stephanie has also received training in other modalities including Acceptance Commitment Behavioral Therapy (ACT) and mindfulness-based interventions. During her doctoral training, Stephanie Munio has experience providing short-term and long-term individual therapy and group therapy in a college counseling center and a gifted high school. Prior to entering her Doctoral program, Stephanie worked with children and families with Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and behavioral difficulties.
Stephanie is passionate about working with young adults and teens from marginalized identities. She strives to create a safe space for her clients and build a strong rapport along with using humor to engage clients. Stephanie takes a collaborative, strengths-based approach and is able to creatively modify treatment-based intervention to meet client individual needs. She enjoys traveling, staying active (especially the Peloton), and spending time with family.
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology, La Salle University (expected graduation 2023)
- M.A. in Clinical Psychology, La Salle University
- B.A. in Psychology, Florida International University
- Externship: CBT Center for Anxiety & OCD
- Externship: Temple; Tuttleman College Counseling, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: Depression Clinic Team, La Salle Center for Counseling and Psychological Services, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: Westtown School, West Chester, PA
- Externship: Health Clinic Team, La Salle Center for Counseling and Psychological Services, Philadelphia, PA