Dr. Rudner H. Devera is an Advanced Psychology Fellow at the CBT Center for Anxiety and OCD. He earned his Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology from Immaculata University and his Master’s degree in Counseling and Clinical Health Psychology from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM). He completed his Predoctoral Internship at Elwyn in Philadelphia, PA, where he helped treat children, adolescents, adults, and older adults in an outpatient setting. Most recently, Dr. Devera completed a Postdoctoral Fellowship at the Beck Institute where he acquired extensive training in Recovery-Oriented Cognitive Therapy. While at the Beck Institute, Dr. Devera trained with internationally known CBT expert, Dr. Aaron T. Beck, globally recognized as the father of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).
Dr. Devera has successfully treated young adolescents and adults diagnosed with anxiety disorders including Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD), Panic Disorder (PD), Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD), Selective Mutism, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and Specific Phobias. He has extensive experience treating individuals diagnosed with severe mental health challenges that include Major Depressive Disorder, various Mood Disorders, grief and loss, and PTSD. Dr. Devera utilizes a multicultural and integrated approach to therapy by incorporating an individual’s cultural identity and implementing evidenced-based treatments, such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Recovery-Oriented Cognitive Therapy (CT-R), Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). He has significant experience working with individuals from diverse religious beliefs, BIPOC, and LGBTQ+ communities.
Rudner is a warm, caring, and compassionate clinician, who collaborates and empowers individuals to work toward their personal goals and aspirations. Therapy with Rudner involves creating a safe space where clients feel a sense of control, capability, and most of all connection. Rudner has learned to follow the principle that “the best kind of therapy doesn’t always have to look like therapy.” In his spare time, Rudner can be found trying new cuisines and restaurants, cooking/learning new recipes, traveling the world, skiing, and spending time with friends and family.
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology, Immaculata University
- M.S. in Counseling and Clinical Health Psychology, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- B.S. in Psychology, Stony Brook University
- B.S. in Health Sciences (Concentration: Pharmacy Technician), Stony Brook University
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: The Beck Institute for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Recovery-Oriented Cognitive Therapy, Bala Cynwyd, PA
- Predoctoral Internship: Elwyn Outpatient, Philadelphia, PA
- Predoctoral Advanced Externship: Drexel University Counseling Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Predoctoral Externship: Lenape Valley Foundation, Doylestown, PA
- Predoctoral Externship: Ursinus College Counseling Center, Collegeville, PA
- Master’s Level Practicum: Fairmount Behavioral Health, Roxborough, PA
- Emotional Intelligence and Doctoral Clinical Psychology Students