Pamela Hunsberger, M.A., is an Advanced Doctoral Extern at the CBT Center for Anxiety and OCD. She is currently a fourth-year doctoral student at Immaculata University in the Clinical Psychology Psy.D. program where she has focused her coursework on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). She received training in evidence-based treatments including Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Behavioral Activation (BA). Pamela has utilized empirically supported pediatric anxiety manualized treatment, “Coping Cat”, for the treatment of anxiety in children. During her doctoral training, Pamela has worked with children and adolescents experiencing a range of emotional and behavioral issues including anxiety, depression, ADHD, and trauma. Her experience includes providing psychotherapy and neuropsychological assessment through prior placements at St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children, Pennsylvania Forensic Associates, and NeurAbilities Healthcare. Pamela utilizes a family systems approach by engaging with the family throughout her work with children and adolescents.
Pamela utilizes evidence-based treatments to successfully treat various pediatric conditions. She has a warm, kind nature that allows children and adolescents to achieve their goals. She has a particular interest in supporting gifted children and is well versed on the typical intensities seen within the gifted population. Pamela’s dissertation focusses on the experience of trauma in gifted individuals.
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology, Immaculata University, Malvern, PA (anticipated graduation in 2023)
- M.A. in Counseling, Immaculata University, Malvern, PA
- B.S. in Psychology, DeSales University, Center Valley, PA
- Externship: CBT Center for Anxiety & OCD
- Externship: NeurAbilities, King of Prussia, PA
- Externship: Pennsylvania Forensic Associates, Telehealth
- Externship: St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children, Philadelphia, PA