Dr. Nichol Moriatis is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist at the CBT Center for Anxiety and OCD. She earned her Doctoral degree from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, a Clinical Psychology program specializing in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). She completed her Postdoctoral Fellowship at the CBT Center for Anxiety & OCD, where she received specialized training in treating children, adolescents, and adults presenting with various anxiety disorders and OCD. She earned her Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology from Pepperdine University, where she specialized in marriage and family therapy.
Dr. Moriatis utilizes evidence-based treatments to successfully treat a range of anxiety, OCD, and Obsessive Compulsive-related conditions. She has successfully treated individuals presenting with separation anxiety, selective mutism, PTSD, specific phobias, generalized anxiety, panic, agoraphobia, social anxiety, and school refusal. Dr. Moriatis has also worked with countless presentations of OCD and OC-related conditions, including contamination, ROCD, sexual obsessions, violent obsessions, scrupulosity, just-right, and perfectionism. She also treats clients with co-occurring conditions such as depression, mood disorders, autism, ADHD and learning disorders. Dr. Moriatis has received extensive training in Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT).
Nichol is a compassionate, optimistic, kind, and easygoing person who takes a collaborative and strength-based approach in treatment. She is passionate about identifying an individual’s personal strengths as a catalyst for treatment. She often pairs a variety of CBT interventions with encouragement and humor to help individuals overcome fears, meet personal goals, and reach their full potential. In her free time, Nichol enjoys attending concerts and comedy shows, as well as spending time with family and friends.
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- M.S. in Clinical Psychology, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- M.A. in Clinical Psychology, Pepperdine University, Graduate School of Education and Psychology
- B.A. in Psychology, The George Washington University
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: CBT Center for Anxiety & OCD, Media, PA
- Predoctoral Internship: Intercommunity Action (Interact), Greenridge Counseling Center and Psycho-educational and Psychological Assessment Services (PPAS) Department, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: University of Pennsylvania, Perelman School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry and Neuropsychology, ADHD Treatment and Research Program, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: Intercommunity Action (Interact), Greenridge Counseling Center and Psycho-educational and Psychological Assessment Services (PPAS) Department, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: Center for Brief Therapy, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, PA