Dr. Nora Brier is a Psychology Fellow at the CBT Center for Anxiety and OCD. She earned her doctoral degree from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM), a Clinical Psychology program specializing in Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT). She earned her Master’s degree in Counseling and Clinical Health Psychology from PCOM. She specializes in evidenced-based therapies such as CBT and exposure-based treatment for anxiety disorders, including Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Generalized Anxiety, Panic Disorder, Social Anxiety, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and phobias. Dr. Brier has successfully treated individuals struggling with skin picking and hair pulling behaviors, as well as hoarding. She has also successfully worked with those struggling with additional diagnoses, such as mood disorders, Autism Spectrum Disorders, ADHD, bipolar disorder, and personality disorders. She is certified in Exposure and Response Prevention (EXRP) for OCD and Prolonged Exposure (PE) from the University of Pennsylvania, and trained under the direction of Dr. Edna Foa as a clinical psychology Extern. In addition to more traditional models of CBT, Dr. Brier has extensive experience working with third wave empirically based CBT treatments such as Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR).
Nora is a warm, empathetic and down-to-earth person who believes an evidenced-based, strengths-focused approach is the key to successful anxiety disorder treatment. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with family and friends, running, and practicing yoga.
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- M.S. in Clinical Psychology, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- B.A. in English, Saint Joseph’s University, Philadelphia, PA
- Predoctoral Internship: VA Hudson Valley Health System Montrose Campus, Montrose, NY
- Externship: University of Pennsylvania Psychiatry, Perelman School of Medicine, Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety (CTSA), Phila., PA
- Externship: Intercommunity Action (Interact), Greenridge Counseling Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: Saint Gabriel’s System DelStar Program, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: Center for Brief Therapy, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Do Cognitive Distortions and Coping Skills Predict Scar Acceptance and Body Esteem in Women with ICDs and Pacemakers?