Dr. Lauren Matturro is a Licensed Psychologist at the CBT Center for Anxiety and OCD. She earned her doctoral degree from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, a Clinical Psychology program specializing in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). She earned her Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology from Pepperdine University in Los Angeles. Her doctoral dissertation research examined stress, cognitive distortions, and self-care engagement as predictors of burnout in psychology graduate students. Before joining the CBT Center for Anxiety and OCD, she completed her Pre-Doctoral Internship at Intercommunity Action, Inc. in Roxborough, PA, where she provided therapy and assessment to children, adolescents, and adults with a wide range of behavioral and emotional concerns.
Dr. Matturro has successfully treated individuals with a variety of anxiety disorders. She utilizes evidence-based treatments to help address difficulties caused by various presentations of OCD, generalized anxiety, social anxiety, and adjustment disorders in clients with varying ages, sexual orientations, and gender identities. She also has extensive experience working with clients diagnosed with ADHD, ASD, PTSD, depression, mood disorders, and personality disorders.
Lauren strives to bring genuineness to her therapeutic work. She uses her kind nature, humor, creativity, and warmth to help support her clients on the path to reaching their goals. Before completing her doctorate, Lauren worked with adolescents at an alternative high school and individually with children on the autism spectrum. It was in these settings that she began to develop her passion for working with children, adolescents and young adults. In her free time, Lauren enjoys baking intricate desserts, crafting, watching comedy, and spending time with her friends and her cats.
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- M.S. in Clinical Psychology, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- M.A. in Clinical Psychology, Pepperdine University
- B.S. in Psychology, Lehigh University
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: CBT Center for Anxiety & OCD, Media, PA
- Predoctoral Internship: Intercommunity Action (Interact), Greenridge Counseling Center & Psycho-educational & Psychological Assessment Services (PPAS) Department, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: Intercommunity Action, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: Cooper Learning Center (Cooper Health Medical Offices, Testing Center), Voorhees, NJ
- The Relationship Between Stress, Cognitive Distortions, and Engagement in Self-Care on Level of Burnout in Psychology Graduate Students