Liana Preudhomme, M.S., (she/her) is a Masters Level Clinician and sixth-year Doctoral candidate at University of Miami’s Ph.D. Program in Clinical Psychology with a specialization in Health Psychology. Her coursework and clinical training have focused on providing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) for a broad range of psychological disorders, including anxiety, body-focused repetitive behaviors (BFRBs), trauma, PTSD, OCD, depression and adjustment disorders. Liana has experience providing Exposure and Ritual Prevention (ERP), Prolonged Exposure (PE), Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). Liana is completing an APA-Approved Predoctoral Psychology Internship at the Corporal Michael J. Crescenz Veterans Affairs Medical Center. She has completed Predoctoral Externships at the Miami Veterans Affairs Medical Center and at the Memorial Cancer Institute in their psycho-oncology department. These rotations allowed her to gain extensive training and experience in treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder, trauma, sleep difficulties, depression, Illness Anxiety Disorder and the psycho-social components of medical conditions.
Liana is passionate about working with adults and adolescents. She takes a patient-centered approach to therapy that promotes treatment collaboration between client and clinician. She strives to foster a therapeutic environment filled with openness and support through her highly empathic, genuine, and warm nature. Liana also has extensive experience working with ethnically and culturally diverse populations.
Liana uses cutting-edge research and evidence-based protocols, while tailoring treatment to the unique needs of each individual. Liana is committed to providing therapy that teaches strategies to manage emotional difficulties with the goal of improving quality of life. In her free time, Liana enjoys cooking, hiking and exploring unique Philadelphia culture and events.
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, with Health Psychology specialization, University of Miami (expected graduation Spring, 2023)
- M.S. in Clinical Psychology, University of Miami
- B.S. in Biochemistry, Georgetown University
- Predoctoral Clinical Internship: Corporal Michael J. Crescenz Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: Memorial Cancer Institute, Pembroke Pines, FL
- Externship: Miami Veterans Affairs Hospital, Miami, FL
- Practicum: Psychological Services Center-University of Miami, Miami, FL