Kelsey Cannamela, M.A., is an Masters Level Clinician and fourth-year Doctoral Candidate in La Salle University’s Psy.D. Program in Clinical Psychology. She earned her B.A. in Psychology from Manhattan College and a Master’s Degree from La Salle University. Kelsey has worked on the Child and Adolescent Anxiety Clinic Team at La Salle University, which focuses on providing effective, evidence-based evaluations and interventions to children and adolescents. The Child and Adolescent Anxiety Clinic Team has a particular focus on implementing CBT for pediatric anxiety, Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) for pediatric OCD, and Habit Reversal Training (HRT) for pediatric trichotillomania and tic disorders.
Kelsey also has experience working on the Anxiety Clinic Team at La Salle University, which focuses on the provision of evidenced-based treatments, primarily CBT, for the treatment of OCD and an array of anxiety disorders. During her doctoral training, Kelsey has gained experience providing individual and group therapy to children, adolescents, and adults in a community mental health setting. She has also worked with college-aged students at a Rider College counseling center. Kelsey has received specialized training in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), a treatment modality that emphasizes mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotion regulation, and interpersonal effectiveness skills.
Kelsey is passionate about working with individuals of all ages and has particular interest in treating anxiety and mood disorders. Kelsey aims to foster a trusting and comfortable therapeutic environment to enable clients to successfully achieve their goals for therapy. In her free time, Kelsey enjoys running, listening to podcasts, and spending time with friends and family.
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology, La Salle University (expected graduation 2023)
- M.A. in Clinical Psychology, La Salle University
- B.A. in Psychology, Manhattan College
- Externship: CBT Center for Anxiety & OCD
- Externship: Child and Adolescent Anxiety Clinic Team, La Salle Center for Counseling and Psychological Services, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: Emotion Regulation Clinic Team, La Salle Center for Counseling and Psychological Services, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: Intercommunity Action (Greenridge Counseling Center), Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: Anxiety Clinic Team, La Salle Center for Counseling and Psychological Services, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: Rider University Counseling Center, Lawrenceville, NJ