Dr. Katie Parsons is a Postdoctoral Fellow at the CBT Center for Anxiety and OCD. She earned her Master’s and Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology at Widener University’s Institute for Graduate Clinical Psychology. Katie completed her Predoctoral Internship training at West Chester University’s Counseling Center where she specialized in working with college-age individuals. She also completed Predoctoral Internship training at the CBT Center for Anxiety and OCD where she provided treatment for various manifestations of OCD, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, social anxiety, trichotillomania, tics, trauma and perfectionism. Additionally, she has experience working with clients with co-occurring ADHD, bipolar, and depression.
Dr. Parsons has experience working with clients ranging in age from 5 to 75 years old in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Katie has received extensive training in the use of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) interventions. She has experience using these techniques to treat a wide range of psychological difficulties, including anxiety, OCD, depression, eating-related concerns, and trauma. Katie particularly enjoys working with adolescents and young adult clients, and recognizes the importance of receiving strong support during this time of emotional growth and development. In her free time, Katie enjoys spending time with her husband and their dog.
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology, Widener University’s Institute for Graduate Clinical Psychology, Chester, PA
- M.S. in Clinical Psychology, Widener University’s Institute for Graduate Clinical Psychology, Chester, PA
- B.A. in Psychology and English, Bucknell University, Lewisburg, PA
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: CBT Center for Anxiety & OCD, Media, PA
- Predoctoral Internship: West Chester Counseling Center, West Chester, PA
- Predoctoral Internship: CBT Center for Anxiety & OCD, Media, PA
- Externship: University of Delaware Center for Counseling & Student Development, Newark, DE
- Externship: Academia Antonia Alonso Charter School, Wilmington, DE
- Externship: Delaware Psychiatric Center, New Castle, DE