Gareth Harrison, M.A., is a doctoral candidate in Widener University’s Institute for Graduate Clinical Psychology, pursuing a concentration in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). Gareth has received additional training in behavioral theory and techniques in his master’s program at American University (Washington, DC). Gareth has a wide array of experience providing psychotherapy and psychological assessment services through placements at Fairmount Behavioral Health System, Widener University’s Adult Therapy Clinic (part of Organizational Development Services), and La Salle University’s Student Counseling Center. These opportunities have given Gareth experience working with a wide range of psychological issues, with much of that experience focusing on helping older adolescents and adults to tackle the many facets of anxiety and anxiety-related difficulties.
Gareth’s approach to therapy emphasizes building a strong therapeutic relationship, which is the bedrock of effective psychotherapy and assessment. Gareth works with clients to help them change their relationship with their thoughts, emotions, and behaviors, allowing them to leverage the skills and capacities that all humans share to reduce symptoms and live more meaningful and fulfilling lives.
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology, Widener University’s Institute for Graduate Clinical Psychology, Chester, PA (expected graduation, Spring 2022)
- M.A. in Clinical Psychology, Widener University’s Institute for Graduate Clinical Psychology, Chester, PA
- M.A. in Psychology, American University, Washington, DC
- Predoctoral Internship: Equilibria Leadership Consulting, Widener IGCP Internship Program, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: La Salle University Student Counseling Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: Widener University’s Adult Therapy Clinic (part of Widener’s Organizational Development Services), Chester, PA
- Externship: Fairmount Behavioral Health System, Philadelphia, PA