Dr. Emily Brooks is a Psychology Fellow at the CBT Center for Anxiety and OCD. She received her Doctorate and Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology from La Salle University in Philadelphia. Dr. Brooks has worked extensively with children, adolescents and adults who struggle with anxiety, worry, panic and stress. She specializes in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) for anxiety-related disorders including generalized anxiety, social anxiety, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), phobias and posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Dr. Brooks has extensive experience utilizing Prolonged Exposure (PE) and Motivational Interviewing (MI) as well as third wave CBT approaches such as Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT). She is trained in utilizing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Depression, Cognitive Processing Therapy, and Trauma-Focused CBT (TF-CBT). During her tenor on the Anxiety Clinic Team, Dr. Brooks received training in the Unified Protocol (UP) and Habit Reversal Training (HRT) for clients with anxiety and body-focused repetitive behaviors.
Treatment with Emily is collaborative, compassionate and emphasizes the client and individual strengths and motivations. Previous clients have described Emily as warm, kind and encouraging. Outside of the office, she enjoys knitting, yoga, gardening and spending time relaxing at home with her partner, dogs and cat.
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology, La Salle University
- M.A. in Clinical Psychology, La Salle University
- B.A. in Psychology, Pennsylvania State University
- Predoctoral Internship: VA Maryland Health Care System / UM School of Medicine Consortium, Baltimore, MD
- Externship: CPL. Michael J. Crescenz VA Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: Health Clinic Team, La Salle University Community Outpatient Clinic, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: Drexel University Counseling and Psychological Services, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: Anxiety Clinic Team, La Salle University Community Outpatient Clinic, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: Joseph J. Peters Institute, Survivor Services, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: Weight & Eating Treatment Team, La Salle University Community Outpatient Clinic, Philadelphia, PA
- Suicide Exclusion from RCTs for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: A Meta-analysis