Dr. Marisa Motisi (she/her) is a Postdoctoral Fellow at the CBT Center for Anxiety and OCD. She earned her Master’s and Doctoral degrees in Clinical Psychology at Widener University’s Institute for Graduate Clinical Psychology. During her doctoral training, Dr. Motisi gained experience working with a range of anxiety disorders including OCD, Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors (trichotillomania, skin-picking), tics, social anxiety, specific phobias, generalized anxiety, selective mutism, and separation anxiety. She also treats clients with co-occurring conditions such as depression, ADHD, adjustment disorders, and learning disabilities.
Dr. Motisi uses evidence-based, Cognitive-Behavioral Treatments (CBT) in her work with kids, teens, and families including Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP), and Habit Reversal Training (HRT). She is passionate about helping people identify unhelpful patterns and learn to respond to thoughts and feelings with flexibility and self-compassion. Dr. Motisi strives to provide individualized treatment that is characterized by empathy, collaboration, and non-judgment. She values taking the time to identify a client’s strengths and values, build trusting relationships, and appreciates the full context in which presenting problems occur. Dr. Motisi is committed to understanding the whole person and has great skill is helping her clients learn the necessary strategies to live a meaningful life.
In her free time, Marisa enjoys going to concerts, riding her bike, and trying out new restaurants.
Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology, Widener University, Chester, PA
M.A. in Clinical Psychology, Widener University, Chester, PA
- B.A. in Psychology, The State University of New York at Geneseo, Geneseo, NY
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: CBT Center for Anxiety & OCD
- Predoctoral Internship Rotation: Widener Child Therapy Clinic
- Predoctoral Internship Rotation: Widener Partnership Charter School
- Predoctoral Practicum Rotation: Mindflex LLC
- Predoctoral Practicum Rotation: Temple Episcopal Hospital
- Predoctoral Practicum Rotation: Tower Hill School
- Predoctoral Externship: CBT Center for Anxiety and OCD
- Treating Youth with Eco-Anxiety: An Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Model