Dr. Deborah Madnick (she/her) is a Licensed Psychologist at the CBT Center for Anxiety and OCD. She graduated from La Salle University where she received her Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, with a concentration in Health Psychology. Dr. Madnick completed practicum rotations at Merakey Behavioral Health, Jefferson Center City Clinic for Behavioral Medicine, and Cooper University Hospital. Dr. Madnick completed her APA-Accredited Predoctoral Internship at Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center. Dr. Madnick has received specialized training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) and Women’s Health, including Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders (PMADs).
Dr. Madnick has extensive experience using Evidence-Based Treatments for anxiety, OCD, trauma, phobias, social anxiety, health anxiety, depression, adjustment to illness and medical conditions, and chronic pain. She has a particular interest in treating anxiety and OCD in perinatal women, as well as treatment of chronic medical conditions in individuals of all ages. Dr. Madnick’s dissertation titled “Reporting and inclusion of specific sociodemographic groups in the adult PTSD treatment outcome literature within the United States: A systematic review” highlights opportunities for increased representation of minority groups in trauma research.
Deborah has a passion for helping children, adolescents, and adults through a collaborative and evidence-based approach to treatment. She prides herself on having a warm and direct approach to therapy, using compassion, humor, and flexibility to create and maintain a strong therapeutic relationship. In her free time, Deborah enjoys hiking with her dog, spending time with family and friends, and reading.
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology, La Salle University
- M.A. in Clinical Psychology, La Salle University
- B.S. in Biopsychology, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: CBT Center for Anxiety & OCD
- Predoctoral Internship: Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Externship: Cooper University Hospital, Behavioral Medicine, Camden, NJ
- Externship: Jefferson Center City Clinic for Behavioral Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: Merakey Adult Behavioral Health Services, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: La Salle University Community Psychological Services, Philadelphia, PA
- Reporting and inclusion of specific sociodemographic groups in the adult PTSD treatment outcome literature: A systematic review