Danielle Scharf, M.A., is an Advanced Masters Level Clinician and fourth-year Doctoral Candidate at La Salle University’s Psy.D. Program in Clinical Psychology where she has focused coursework in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). She has worked with children and adolescents with anxiety, depression, OCD, ARFID, trauma, eating disorders, body image issues, ADHD and autism. During her doctoral training, Danielle has experience providing long-term individual therapy in a boarding school setting. She also has experience providing group therapy on an adolescent inpatient unit. Prior to entering her doctoral program, Danielle worked with adolescents with various eating disorders in a Residential Treatment Center.
Danielle is passionate about working with children and adolescents living with anxiety and eating disorders. She believes that developing a strong therapeutic rapport is a critical part of the therapy process. Danielle understands that every person is unique, and she creates an individualized treatment plan for each client using evidenced-based practice concepts. Danielle enjoys spending time with her Yorkie, listening and watching musicals, and spending time with friends and family.
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology, La Salle University (expected graduation 2024)
- M.A. in Clinical Psychology, La Salle University
- B.A. in Psychological and Brain Sciences and Children’s Studies, Washington University in St. Louis
- Predoctoral Internship: Christiana Care Health Systems, Wilmington Hospital Primary Care and Center for Women’s Emotional Wellness, Wilmington, DE
- Externship: Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: Anxiety Clinic Team, La Salle University Community Psychological Services, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: University of Pennsylvania Department of Psychiatry, Center for Cognitive Therapy (Therapy & Diagnostic rotations), Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: Health Clinic Team, La Salle University Community Psychological Services, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: Mental Health Center of East Central Kansas, Emporia, KS
- Externship: Anxiety & Mood Disorders Practicum, Washburn University Psychological Services Clinic, Topeka, KS