Dr. Amanda Chusid, is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist at the CBT Center for Anxiety and OCD. She received her Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology from Widener University’s Institute for Graduate Clinical Psychology, where she specialized in child, adolescent, and family psychotherapy. She is a PA certified school psychologist and has experience working within schools and consulting with school personnel to provide supports for students in the classroom. During her doctoral training, she received experience providing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP), and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) to children, adolescents, and young adults with a variety of psychological issues, including anxiety disorders, OCD, and depression.
Dr. Chusid has additional experience treating children with selective mutism an individuals on the Autism Spectrum, as well as providing executive function coaching to children and adolescents with ADHD. Prior to her doctoral training, she received her Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology from Teachers College, Columbia University.
Amanda has a passion for working with children, adolescents, and adults with anxiety, OCD, and Obsessive Compulsive-related disorders. She uses cognitive-behavioral and systems-based approaches to help individuals and families reduce suffering and make rewarding changes in their lives. She emphasizes the importance of compassion, respect, and collaboration in the therapeutic relationship. In her free time, Amanda enjoys spending time with family, playing board games with friends, and listening to music.
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology, Widener University’s Institute for Graduate Clinical Psychology, Chester, PA
- M.S. in Clinical Psychology, Widener University’s Institute for Graduate Clinical Psychology, Chester, PA
- M.A. in Clinical Psychology, Teachers College, Columbia University, New York, NY
- B.A. in Biology (Child & Adolescent Mental Health Studies minor), New York University, New York, NY
- Predoctoral Internship: Widener University Counseling and Psychological Services, Chester, PA
- Predoctoral Internship: Widener Child Therapy Clinic, Chester, PA
- Externship: Wallingford-Swarthmore School District School Psychology Intern, Wallingford, PA
- Externship: Dragonfly Psychological Associates, Willow Grove, PA
- Externship: CommuniCamp, Selective Mutism, Anxiety and Related Disorders Treatment (SMart) Center, Jenkintown, PA
- Externship: Fairmount Behavioral Health Systems, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: New York Center for Autism Charter School, New York, NY
- Context of Stress in High Achieving Students