Dr. Abby Bugbee is a Postdoctoral Fellow at the CBT Center for Anxiety and OCD. She graduated from La Salle University where she received her Doctorate in Clinical Psychology. Dr. Bugbee completed practicum rotations at the Center for Cognitive Therapy at UPenn and Thomas Jefferson University’s OB/GYN Counseling Center. Dr. Bugbee completed her Predoctoral Internship at APA-accredited Center for Women’s Emotional Wellness at ChristianaCare. Dr. Bugbee has received specialized training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Women’s Health, including Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders (PMADs). Dr. Bugbee has experience using Evidence-Based Treatments (EBTs) for anxiety disorders, OCD, mood disorders, personality disorders, life transitions, sexual health and intimacy-related issues. She has a particular interest in treating OCD in perinatal women. Dr. Bugbee’s clinical dissertation titled, Factors Predicting Premature Dropout from Psychotherapy in Postpartum Women, examined barriers to treatment and treatment retention. She has extensive experience in providing Cognitive Therapy (CT), Behavioral Activation (BA) and Problem-Solving Therapy (PST), as well as helping clients develop skills for grief, mindfulness and assertiveness.
Abby is committed to helping teenagers and adults from all backgrounds live a healthy and purpose- driven life. She prides herself on being easygoing and compassionate and believes in genuine connection and rapport to facilitate growth. As such, she utilizes humor, warmth, and empathy in therapy. In her free time, Abby enjoys reading, attempting various arts and crafts, and binge-watching true crime documentaries.
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology, La Salle University
- M.A. in Clinical Psychology, La Salle University
- M.A. in Psychology, Clinical Skills emphasis, Washburn University
- B.S. in Psychology, Fort Hays State University
- Predoctoral Internship: Christiana Care Health Systems, Wilmington Hospital Primary Care and Center for Women’s Emotional Wellness, Wilmington, DE
- Externship: Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: Anxiety Clinic Team, La Salle University Community Psychological Services, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: University of Pennsylvania Department of Psychiatry, Center for Cognitive Therapy (Therapy & Diagnostic rotations), Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: Health Clinic Team, La Salle University Community Psychological Services, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: Mental Health Center of East Central Kansas, Emporia, KS
- Externship: Anxiety & Mood Disorders Practicum, Washburn University Psychological Services Clinic, Topeka, KS
- Factors Predicting Premature Psychotherapy Dropout in Postpartum Women