Dr. Shana Brown-Lieberson is an a Licensed Psychologist at the CBT Center for Anxiety and OCD. She earned her Doctoral degree from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM), a Clinical Psychology program that specializes in Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT). Dr. Brown- Lieberson earned her Master’s degree from PCOM in Counseling and Clinical Health Psychology. She completed her Predoctoral Internship at the Center for Brief Therapy in Philadelphia, PA and Main Line Health at Bryn Mawr Family Medicine, where she focused on delivering CBT to children, adolescents, adults, and older adults in an outpatient setting and various medical settings.
Dr. Brown-Lieberson utilizes evidenced-based treatments, such as Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP), Habit Replacement Training (HRT), Trauma-Focused CBT (TF-CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and mindfulness techniques to create an individualized plan to treat the whole person. Dr. Brown-Lieberson has experience treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, numerous OCD manifestations, Social Anxiety Disorder, Trichotillomania, Tourette’s Disorder and tics, PTSD, depression, mood disorders, and various traumas.
Shana is an empathetic, compassionate, energetic, and warm person, who empowers individuals in treatment to reach their goals. She also has experience working with individuals from the LGBTQ+ community and from culturally and religiously diverse backgrounds. In her free time, Shana enjoys watching movies, cooking, painting, and spending time with family and friends.
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- M.S. in Clinical Health Psychology and Counseling, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- B.A. in Strategic Communications, Specialization in Public Relations (French minor), Temple University
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: CBT Center for Anxiety & OCD, Media, PA
- Predoctoral Internship: Main Line Health at Bryn Mawr Family Medicine, Bryn Mawr, PA and Center for Brief Therapy at PCOM, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: Brooke Glen Behavioral Hospital, Fort Washington, PA
- Externship: Crozer-Keystone Center for Family Health, Springfield, PA
- Externship: Philadelphia Institute for Individual, Relational & Sex Therapy (PhIIRST), Philadelphia, PA
- Attitudes and Knowledge about Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) among Family Medicine Physicians and IBS Patients