Dr. Meera Khan is a Postdoctoral Fellow at the CBT Center for Anxiety and OCD. Dr. Khan earned her Doctoral degree from La Salle University, a clinical psychology program specializing in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). She completed her Predoctoral Internship at Holcomb Behavioral Health Systems where she worked with children and adults in a community mental health setting. Dr. Khan has extensive experience treating OCD, body-focused repetitive behaviors, mood disorders, social anxiety, agoraphobia, generalized anxiety, panic disorder, separation anxiety, Borderline Personality Disorder, school refusal and PTSD.
Dr. Khan has experience providing a variety of CBT interventions including Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) in addition to third wave CBT practices such as Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and Mindfulness-based CBT in her clinical practice. Dr. Khan has previously worked in community mental health settings, university counseling centers, partial hospitalization programs (PHP), intensive outpatient programs (IOP), and outpatient clinics. She has worked with clients across the lifespan and specializes in working with pre-teens, adolescents and emerging adults.
Meera is dedicated to a client-focused approach as well as to dismantling the stigma of mental health, specifically as it applies to ethnic, gender, and sexual minorities. Meera is committed to providing culturally competent care, as well as LGTBQIA+ outreach and advocacy. She speaks three languages including English, Urdu and French. In her free time, she enjoys reading, writing fiction, playing video games, cooking, baking, and spending time with her loved ones.
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology, La Salle University
- M.A. in Clinical Psychology, La Salle University
- B.A. in Psychology & French (Double Major), Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: CBT Center for Anxiety & OCD, Lower Gwynedd, PA
- Predoctoral Internship: Holcomb Behavioral Health Systems, Exton, PA
- Externship: Joseph J. Peters Institute, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: General Psychopathology Treatment Team, La Salle University Community Psychological Services, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: Princeton House Behavioral Health, Teen Girl’s Program (SAGE), Princeton, NJ
- Externship: Weight & Eating Treatment Team, La Salle University Community Psychological Services, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: Zoerner House Counseling Services, Lawrenceville, NJ
- Externship: CBT for Depression Treatment Team, La Salle University Community Psychological Services, Philadelphia, PA
- Play Beyond Childhood: Examining the Relationship Between Fantasy Empathy, Fantasy Play, and Symptoms of Anxiety