Katie Talerico, B.S., is a Predoctoral Extern and third-year doctoral student at Widener University’s Institute for Graduate Clinical Psychology. At Widener, she is pursuing concentrations in School Psychology and Child, Adolescent, and Family Therapy. Katie has experience working with children and adolescents in a school setting, particularly those with anxiety, ADHD, and Autism Spectrum Disorder. She has utilized Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), mindfulness, and emotion regulation techniques to successfully treat her clients.
Katie is dedicated to working with a variety of populations with OCD and anxiety disorders. She aims to provide a supportive and comfortable environment for her clients, and she strives to work collaboratively with and provide support to both her clients and their families. Katie believes the foundation of treatment is the therapeutic relationship between client and clinician, and therefore greatly values her individual client’s needs when constructing a treatment plan. In her free time, Katie loves to cook, play video games, and watch movies with family and friends.
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology, Widener University’s Institute for Graduate Clinical Psychology, Chester, PA (expected graduation 2024)
- M.A. in Clinical Psychology, Widener University’s Institute for Graduate Clinical Psychology, Chester, PA (expected 2022)
- B.S. in Neuroscience and B.S. in Philosophy, University of Scranton, Scranton, PA
- Externship: CBT Center for Anxiety & OCD
- Externship: Y.A.L.E. School: Cherry Hill Campus, Cherry Hill, NJ