Dr. Jamie Berg, is a Postdoctoral Fellow at the CBT Center for Anxiety and OCD. She is a graduate of La Salle University where she received her Doctorate (Psy.D.) in Clinical Psychology. She completed her Predoctoral Internship at APA-accredited Penn Medicine Princeton House Behavioral Health in Princeton, NJ. While there, Dr. Berg received specialized training using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to treat depression, anxiety, and trauma. She also worked at a women’s program using Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) to treat a range of issues, including trauma and Borderline Personality Disorder. Dr. Berg is acutely aware of the role cultural values play in a person’s life as her doctoral dissertation examined how cultural values among Asian Indian immigrant mothers influenced their child-rearing practices in regards to emotion socialization.
During her doctoral training, Dr. Berg also gained experience using evidence-based treatments, such as Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), for a variety of disorders. She has significant experience treating mood disorders, substance use, personality disorders, trauma, life transitions, eating disorders, various anxiety conditions, and a multitude of OCD manifestations. Prior to her doctoral training, Dr. Berg received her Master’s degree from Temple University in Sport Psychology and has a passion for working with athletes.
Jamie is a former Division I athlete where she played collegiate softball for Villanova University and was a nationally-ranked player. In her free time, Jamie enjoys spending time with her husband and dogs doing outdoor activities.
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology, La Salle University
- M.A. in Clinical Psychology, La Salle University
- M.A. Sports Psychology, Temple University
- B.A. in Psychology, Villanova University
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: CBT Center for Anxiety & OCD, Lower Gwynedd, PA
- Predoctoral Internship: Penn Medicine Princeton House Behavioral Health, Princeton, NJ
- Externship: CBT for Depression Treatment Team, La Salle University Community Psychological Services, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: Weight & Eating Treatment Team, La Salle University Community Psychological Services, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: Exton Behavioral Health & Rehabilitation, Exton, PA
- Externship: Friends Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Externship: Princeton House-Mt Lucas, Princeton, NJ
- Externship: Penndel Mental Health Center, Penndel, PA
- Externship: Emotion Regulation Treatment Team, La Salle University Community Psychological Services, Philadelphia, PA
- Asian Indian cultural values which influence emotion socialization practice of parents